On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 03:15:46PM +0100, Deniz Dogan wrote: > 2010/12/6 Julien Danjou : > > On Mon, Dec 06 2010, Aidan Gauland wrote: > > > >> *Is* there even a way to do this in ERC?  I certainly hope so, and > >> that I simply haven't found it.  If there is *NOT* a way to to this in > >> ERC, then I am willing to add this capability. > > > > I do this without any problem with ERC and ZNC. > > Try to evaluate something like: > > > >  (erc > >   :server "someserver" > >   :nick "jd" > >   :password "bla") > > > > That should work. > > > > I told Aidan basically the same thing on help-gnu-emacs, but he > insisted that the password argument to `erc' is used to identify to > NickServ and not as a PASS parameter to the IRC server... I'm sorry if I seemed to be insisting that. I actually feel rather foolish now that I have used Wireshark to look at the packets sent by ERC to find that it does, indeed, send the password parameter as the PASS parameter to the IRC server. I suppose I at least learned from Julien Danjou that ERC *does* work with bouncers (or at least ZNC). Anyway, consider this annoying git out of your hair. Kind regards, Aidan Gauland