On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 01:32:41PM +0100, Deniz Dogan wrote: > 2010/12/2 Aidan Gauland : > > I'm afraid not.  As far as I can tell, the password parameter to the > > `erc' function is for specifying the password for identifying to > > NickServ *after* connecting, not the password needed to make the > > server let you actually connect, which is what I need to do. > > Where did you get that idea? I don't see any mentioning of NickServ in > that document. That's what erc does with the password I give it. It uses it to identify to nickserv, and when I gave it the "PASS" for the server, I got the error I put in my initial post. --Aidan