all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs daemon.. but quietly
@ 2010-03-05 13:24 Gary .
From: Gary . @ 2010-03-05 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there any way to stop emacs, run with --daemon, printing out
details about all of the config files it is loading? At the moment I
see
  ("emacs" "--quiet")
(etc.) which is ugly since I want to start the server, when
appropriate, when I start my login shell by doing something like

  function serverExists {
    TMPDIR=${TMPDIR-/tmp};
    TMPFILE="${TMPDIR}/ps-output.$$";

    ps > ${TMPFILE}
    grep -q 'emacs-X11' ${TMPFILE}
    SERVER_STARTED=$?;
    rm ${TMPFILE}

    return $SERVER_STARTED;
  }

  if serverExists ; then
   export EMACS_SERVER="emacs already started"
  else
   emacs --daemon --quiet
   export EMACS_SERVER="emacs started here"
  fi
  echo $EMACS_SERVER

in my .bashrc.

Any ideas, anyone?