Ah yes, I had a read of the org-mode documentation, and understand now. That simplifies things a lot. Thanks! Dan On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 10:48:16PM +0800, Eric Abrahamsen wrote: > > On Feb 27, 2010, at 9:10 PM, Daniel Dalton wrote: > > >On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:06:39PM +0800, Eric Abrahamsen wrote: > >> > >>to read up on Org-Mode, of course, but it's relatively simple to use > >>and you're going to have to learn something or other, after all. > > > >Very true, I shall do that. Is that based on the table-insert command, > >or is aucmode's table handling separate? > > Hmm, not quite sure what you mean. Org-Mode has it's own, very easy > to use table format (just ASCII tables). If you export an orgmode > document to LaTeX it will turn the ascii tables into LaTeX tables > (inserting the appropriate usepackage statements at the top). If > you're not doing anything terribly sneaky you can use the standard > export settings, and have org mode do the entire export-to-latex- > process-with-latex-and-open-resulting-pdf dance all with one > command. > > Alter the command, and the same ascii tables turn into html tables, > and the html document is opened in your default browser. > > E > > > > >Thanks! > >Dan > >