all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* FIXED: "platex command not found" in yatex-mode after C-c tj.
@ 2010-02-20  2:50 Gerry Butler
From: Gerry Butler @ 2010-02-20  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Further to my previous message:

The problem is fixed by installing the Debian ptex-bin package.

Thank you

Gerry

[-- Attachment #2: Gerry Butler <gabutler@acslink.net.au>: "platex command not found" in yatex-mode after C-c tj. --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2173 bytes --]

From: Gerry Butler <gabutler@acslink.net.au>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: "platex command not found" in yatex-mode after C-c tj.
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:06:33 +1100

I am starting to use emacs to edit latex (.tex) files in yatex-mode on Debian/linux.

When I enter C-c tj (which I think should run latex to generate a .dvi), I receive a message "/bin/bash: platex: command not found".

I'm a bit new to emacs, linux, and latex, so I don't know where to look next.

The Debian installation has automatically setup emacs so that it enters yatex mode when it opens a .tex file, so I imagine platex (or whatever else it needs) should be available.

If I switch emacs to latex-mode, then use C-c C-f, then the .dvi is generated with no problem.

Thank you

Gerry

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-02-20  2:50 UTC | newest]