all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* psvn narrowing
@ 2009-07-21 18:19 Tom Roche
From: Tom Roche @ 2009-07-21 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm working on a large project which uses subversion for SCM. I'm
using psvn.el for its support of `svn status`. I'm mostly quite happy
(especially pleasing: 'E' shows ediff of a file and its base version),
but there is one thing that's bugging me ...

Because it's a large project, my psvn listing (i.e. buffer=
"*svn-status*") is rather long and "sparse": there are a few
"committables" (i.e. files that have been added, deleted, modified,
etc and therefore are marked by psvn) with vast stretches of unchanged
files. Hence I'm doing a lotta scrolling.

So I'm wondering, is there a way to toggle the view to show only the
committables? E.g. some kind of folding or narrowing? I see command=
'svn-status-mark-changed', which allows the user to un/mark all the
commitables, so I know psvn has the concept of the set of "all changed
files." However, despite reading through the `C-h m`, I'm not seeing
how to view only them.

your assistance is appreciated, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche@pobox.com>

* Re: psvn narrowing
       [not found] <mailman.2934.1248200505.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-07-21 20:59 ` Anselm Helbig
From: Anselm Helbig @ 2009-07-21 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

At Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:19:55 -0400 (EDT),
Tom Roche <Tom_Roche@pobox.com> wrote:

> I'm working on a large project which uses subversion for SCM. I'm
> using psvn.el for its support of `svn status`. I'm mostly quite happy
> (especially pleasing: 'E' shows ediff of a file and its base version),
> but there is one thing that's bugging me ...
>
> Because it's a large project, my psvn listing (i.e. buffer=
> "*svn-status*") is rather long and "sparse": there are a few
> "committables" (i.e. files that have been added, deleted, modified,
> etc and therefore are marked by psvn) with vast stretches of unchanged
> files. Hence I'm doing a lotta scrolling.
>
> So I'm wondering, is there a way to toggle the view to show only the
> committables? E.g. some kind of folding or narrowing? I see command=
> 'svn-status-mark-changed', which allows the user to un/mark all the
> commitables, so I know psvn has the concept of the set of "all changed
> files." However, despite reading through the `C-h m`, I'm not seeing
> how to view only them.
>
> your assistance is appreciated, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche@pobox.com>

I suppose you're looking for `svn-status-toggle-hide-unmodified',
which is bound to `_'.

HTH,

Anselm

--
Anselm Helbig
mailto:anselm.helbig+news2009@googlemail.com

* Re: psvn narrowing
@ 2009-07-21 21:07 Tom Roche
From: Tom Roche @ 2009-07-21 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Tom Roche Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:19:55 -0400 (EDT)
> I'm wondering, is there a way to toggle [psvn.el's *svn-status*]
> view to show only the committables?

On another trip through `C-h m` I saw it: "_" ==
svn-status-toggle-hide-unmodified