On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 08:34:46AM +0200, Xavier Maillard wrote: > Hi, > > I was revamping my $TMP directory and found on old archive of > yasnippet. > > Does anybody is really using it ? I mean do you find easy to TAB > everytime you are typing code ? How do you use it in real life ? > Don't you think abbrev-* is easier and less intrusive ? > > [not a flame, just curious] > > Xavier > -- > http://www.gnu.org > http://www.april.org > http://www.lolica.org > > I have overloaded my tab key to be sensitive to the overlays at the point and to try various completion methods. I don't need combos anymore, I simply type tab and it expands symbols, corrects typos with flyspell, expands templates, moves to the next template field, or indents a line according to the mode. Yasnippet is very useful for me. I tried ELSE, but I found the syntax to be difficult. I wrote a tool that translates from XML template definitions to ELSE templates, but in the end I ended up ditching it. I do wish that yasnippet could handle template expansion within template fields which ELSE implemented though. -- GnuPG Key: B9012279 is available from HKP server pgp.mit.edu