all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* c-mode indentation of parenthesized expressions
@ 2009-02-05 18:14 Thomas Christensen
From: Thomas Christensen @ 2009-02-05 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

Emacs per default indents like this in all c-styles I have tried:

a = (2 + 4 +
     5)

and

a = foo(1, 2, 3,
        4)

It aligns with the parenthesis.

I want to change this to twice the default indent, which I have set to a
tab in the example below, like this:

a = (2 + 4 +
		5)

and

a = foo(1, 2, 3,
		4)

Can someone tell me how to do this?

I have messed around with `c-style-alist'; but without any luck.

		Thomas

* Re: c-mode indentation of parenthesized expressions
@ 2009-02-05 18:48 ` Thomas Christensen
From: Thomas Christensen @ 2009-02-05 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Sorry for the noise, I just found out.

		Thomas

* Re: [Emacs] Re: c-mode indentation of parenthesized expressions
@ 2009-02-06 10:24   ` Juanma Bellón
From: Juanma Bellón @ 2009-02-06 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Thursday, 05 February 2009 19:48:12 Thomas wrote:
> Sorry for the noise, I just found out.

IMO, not the right thing to say.  :-)  No reason for sorry and no noise.
Instead, please tell us how you solved it.  It's not obvious so, although a
good bunch of people in the list will know how to do it, many others don't,
and anyway the mails to this list are archived and are a good reference to
check, and it shows up in Internet searches.

Best regards.
--
Juanma

"Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like
 having a peeing section in a swimming pool."
       -- Edward Burr