all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Problem with flyspell?
@ 2009-01-19 16:49 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2009-01-19 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

They are a few months I am working on several tex files on which I have
enabled flyspell-mode. These file have always been flyspelled correctly
using the italian dictionary without I choose it explicitly (I think
this happens because I have $LANG == it)

I do weekly build of Emacs trunk on Cygwin and the above behaviour has
been conserved since many months. Also with the build I did on Jan 12
2009. (This pushed me to make the following theory: flyspell-mode 'see'
the 'LANG' env. var. and sets the default dict. accordingly. Right?)

The build of few minutes ago has changed this (or my conjecture was
false): now all my files are spelled with english dictionary even if
Emacs says that (getenv "LANG") is 'it'!

I have to set explicitly the 'it' dictionary.

Is this new behaviour to be expected? or something changed between
20090112 and today 20090119 ?

Oops..., in the lisp/changelog I see:

2009-01-16 Agustín Martín <agustin.martin@hispalinux.es>

* textmodes/flyspell.el (flyspell-post-command-hook): Do nothing
unless flyspell-mode is enabled.
(flyspell-pre-point): Make buffer-local.

Is it the cause?

Cheers,
    Angelo.

* Re: Problem with flyspell?
@ 2009-01-19 20:49 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2009-01-19 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Agustin Martin wrote:

> if, as I guess, you use aspell.

Indeed!

> As a matter of fact, you should have found the behavior you currently find
> until ispell.el 1.228 (Thu Apr 24 2008).

If I have well understood, that was the reason for which I did put (I do
not remember when)

(setq desktop-locals-to-save
       (cons 'ispell-local-dictionary desktop-locals-to-save))

in my .emacs file, otherwise I had to restore the 'it' dict. each time I
started Emacs. But then I noted that Emacs by default used 'it' so my
theory on LANG var. was born...

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation!

    Angelo

* Re: Problem with flyspell?
@ 2009-01-19 22:15 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2009-01-19 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Agustin Martin wrote:

> If there are no objections, I will commit attached patch. As a matter of
> fact 'en' precedence did not work for a long time and there were no
> complaints about that.

It works just fine1

I hope it is approved soon.

Cheers,