all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to get buffers to open a horizontal frame
@ 2008-12-28  3:04 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2008-12-28  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I've just switched to 23 and find commands like `C-x C-b' open a
vertical buffer on the right instead of a horizontal buffer at the
bottom.

Also, it seems I cannot create a region without highlighting the
selection.  I prefer the old default in 22.

How can I fix these things?

* Re: how to get buffers to open a horizontal frame
@ 2008-12-28  6:10 ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2008-12-28  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harry Putnam; +Cc: emacs-devel

* Re: how to get buffers to open a horizontal frame
@ 2008-12-30 19:54 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-12-30 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harry Putnam; +Cc: emacs-devel

> How can I fix these things?

Have you tried reading the NEWS?  If it doesn't mention those things,
then please come back and complain,