all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs appointments (appt-add)
@ 2011-01-18 14:48 Hobbit
From: Hobbit @ 2011-01-18 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have several problems with Emacs appointments.

Just for example I run "emacs -q" and evaluate in *scratch* buffer next settings (usually I use .emacs, of course):

(display-time)
(setq
 appt-message-warning-time 5
 appt-display-mode-line t)
(appt-activate 1)

When I add notifications on such time I get:
1. current_time + 1 minute - Emacs shows notification in correct time;
2. current_time + 6 minutes - shows two notifications, one before 5 minutes and second before 2 minutes to deadline (in time, 0 minutes to deadline, - nothing comes up).

At the same time in Mode Line "App't in % min" shows time, which is current_time - 1 minute (if there are 3 minutes to deadline it shows only 2). What's surprising is that in clock (which is (display-time)'s work) time is correct (like [h@localhost$ date] displays).

How to repair appointments in Emacs? E.g. 2 problems (case 2. when there are no notification at deadline and with "app't in % min" indicator).

* emacs appointments (appt-add)
@ 2011-01-18 16:18 Hobbit
From: Hobbit @ 2011-01-18 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have several problems with Emacs appointments.

Just for example I run "emacs -q" and evaluate in *scratch* buffer next settings (usually I use .emacs, of course):

(display-time)
(setq
 appt-message-warning-time 5
 appt-display-mode-line t)
(appt-activate 1)

When I add notifications (using M-x appt-add) on such time I get:

@ 2011-01-18 16:30 Hobbit