all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to get consistent emacs background color
@ 2008-10-14  1:10 yinglcs
From: yinglcs @ 2008-10-14  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I have the following line in my .emacs:

(set-background-color "ivory2")
(set-foreground-color "black")

initially , the color of emacs is correct. But when I spawn a new
emacs window (C-x 5 2). the background of that emacs is white. Can you
please tell me how can I fix that?

Thank yoy.

* Re: How to get consistent emacs background color
@ 2008-10-14  3:31 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2008-10-14  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

yinglcs@gmail.com wrote:
> I have the following line in my .emacs:
>
> (set-background-color "ivory2")
> (set-foreground-color "black")
>
> initially , the color of emacs is correct. But when I spawn a new
> emacs window (C-x 5 2). the background of that emacs is white. Can you
> please tell me how can I fix that?

(setq default-frame-alist
       (append default-frame-alist
	      '((background-color . "ivory2")
		(foreground-color . "black"))))

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA

* Re: How to get consistent emacs background color
@ 2008-10-14  8:25 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2008-10-14  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yinglcs@gmail.com; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

hi,

   I have the following line in my .emacs:

   (set-background-color "ivory2")
   (set-foreground-color "black")

   initially , the color of emacs is correct. But when I spawn a new
   emacs window (C-x 5 2). the background of that emacs is white. Can you
   please tell me how can I fix that?

Kevin gave you the answer to fix it. Note that C-h f
set-background-color RET would have told you why only the
selected frame had the right color:

set-background-color is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
`frame.el'.

(set-background-color COLOR-NAME)

Set the background color of the selected frame to COLOR-NAME.
When called interactively, prompt for the name of the color to use.
To get the frame's current background color, use `frame-parameters'.

Regards

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org