Hi, Dan Nicolaescu : > WARNING: Unrecognized options: > --without-carbon, --disable-font-backend ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This > warning is obvious... Yes, we fixed it meanwhile in Gentoo. > --with-x --with-x-toolkit=gtk make no sense when using --with-ns > --with-gif --with-jpeg etc, are turned on by default, no need to > bother with them. Those --with- switches are automatically added depending on the user's settings, we don't double check it as it does no harm. > You can try to get around the byte compilation problem by first > configure --with-x, do a make to create the .elc files, and then > reconfigure --with-ns and try again. It's a hack, but it might help > until someone finds a proper fix. No real way for an automated build system...but we will hunt it. V-Li -- Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project , #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode