Quoth Chong Yidong , on 2008-08-06 18:32:27 -0400: > > In the Debian BTS wishlist ticket #490253, I requested a --quiet > > option for emacsclient; currently, it prints a "Waiting for Emacs..." > > message that cannot be turned off, which I found annoying. I have > > updated the patch I provided in that report to apply against the CVS > > version of Emacs; it would be nice if this feature could make it into > > Emacs 23. > > Emacs 23 is in feature freeze. Could you please send your patch to > emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org, so that it is entered in our bug tracker? > Then after the release, we'll see if this can be included. Thanks. Very well. Forwarding now. Hello, emacs-pretest-bug. (Also re-cc'ing emacs-devel, since I think my actual diff got eaten somewhere along the way; probably I just miscommanded my mailer.) ---> Drake Wilson