On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 07:54:09 +0100 (CET) Pierre Lorenzon wrote: > From: Michael Hoffman > Subject: Re: Does pclcvs support ssh protocol ? > Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:31:54 +0000 > > > Pierre Lorenzon wrote: > > > > > Notice that I still do not have the answer to my question : > > > "yes or not is this password transaction implemented in > > > pcl-cvs like in tramp ?" > > > > Now the question has changed. > > > Not really ! > > Pierre > > > The answer is clearly ssh-agent. There are a large number of security issues regarding keys, memory locking, timed expiration, secure entry, etc. Emacs doesn't need to jump through all these hoops when ssh-agent,pin-entry,gpg do this sort of thing correctly with a robust code-base. I can't even imagine why someone would want to constantly re-enter the password anyways. If you were interested in security you would not want your security critical components exposed in a monolith like Emacs that cannot enforce memory privileges. Hammering away at this issue is asinine, since you do not have a point. Thanks to these fancy link-loader gizmos, and those operating system thingies we can distribute functionality across process boundaries with IPC. Welcome to the revolution. Cheers, Mike Mattie