all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Auto Copy on mouse select
@ 2008-02-07  0:43 orium
From: orium @ 2008-02-07  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, everybody.

I am using emacs 22.1, in graphic mode.
When I select some text with the mouse, that text is copied to
clipboard,
that is really annoying, how can i turn off this behavior?

Thanks

* Re: Auto Copy on mouse select
@ 2008-02-07  3:18 ` weebalaji
From: weebalaji @ 2008-02-07  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Feb 6, 7:43 pm, orium <oriu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, everybody.
>
> I am using emacs 22.1, in graphic mode.
> When I select some text with the mouse, that text is copied to
> clipboard,
> that is really annoying, how can i turn off this behavior?
>
> Thanks

Try toggling transient-mark-mode or delete-selection-mode...

* Re: Auto Copy on mouse select
@ 2008-02-07 10:15 ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2008-02-07 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Am Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2008 01:43 schrieb orium:
> Hi, everybody.
>
> I am using emacs 22.1, in graphic mode.
> When I select some text with the mouse, that text is copied to
> clipboard,
> that is really annoying, how can i turn off this behavior?
>
> Thanks

Set mouse-drag-copy-region to nil.

,----
| mouse-drag-copy-region is a variable defined in `mouse.el'.
| Its value is t
|
| Documentation:
| *If non-nil, mouse drag copies region to kill-ring.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

Andreas Röhler

* Re: Auto Copy on mouse select
@ 2008-02-13 18:10 ` Joel J. Adamson
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2008-02-13 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

orium <orium69@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, everybody.
>
> I am using emacs 22.1, in graphic mode.  When I select some text with
> the mouse, that text is copied to clipboard, that is really annoying,

Sorry i'm not answering your actual question.  What operating system and
what graphical interface are you using?  That is typical X behavior,
i.e. selecting text in any program automatically copies it to the
clipboard.  You can paste by clicking the middle mouse button (or two
simultaneously if you're using a two-button mouse).

Why do you find it annoying?  Are you doing something special with the
clipboard?  What are you doing selecting text that you don't want to
copy?

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson