On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 01:22:46PM +0100, Michael Albinus wrote: > "Trent W. Buck" writes: > > > I find that multihop methods are not working since upgrading to CVS > > from 22. > > Emacs 23 has upgraded to Tramp 2.1. This Tramp version does not > support the virtual method "multi-hop"; instead of you need to > configure `tramp-default-proxies-alist'. Darn, I was afraid of that. Is it possible to have a stub multi method that simply throws a more meaningful error than the one I reported (e.g. "the on-the-fly multi method is no longer in tramp, see (info "(tramp)foo")")?