On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 04:51:32PM +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote: > emacsclient will create a new X frame, EVEN WITHOUT the -c switch. > > I do not want this. Within M-x shell, I want emacsclient to open a > buffer in the current frame and window, as it does under Emacs 22. > > ## Why? Because I'm connecting remotely to a Screen session that was > ## started under X. New X frames will appear on the original X > ## display -- which could be a five hour drive away from the keyboard > ## and display I'm actually sitting in front of *now*. Furthermore, X > ## might not even be running anymore -- my Screen sessions persist > ## across my X sessions. Ignore that, PEBCAK. This does indeed work: > Invoking emacsclient as "env -u DISPLAY emacsclient foo" does not > help. ...I had modified the wrong line of my emacsclient wrapper script.