On Thursday 10 January 2008, Richard Stallman wrote: > Can you provide a complete test case, including an Rmail file > we can operate on? I don't have a way to generate a message > to test this on Sorry, my bad, happens on any mail I try to rmail-redecode-body. e.g. "redecoding" iso-8859-1 a mail that was iso-8859-1 before rmail internalised it still gives the same error. Attached please find a RMAIL.redecode file with a single iso-8859-1 message. Steps to reproduce (still only tested on emacs-unicode-2, sorry): M-x rmail ; enter rmail i RMAIL.redecode ; open the file M-x rmail-redecode-body ; try to redecode the message in it iso-8859-1 ; as iso-8859-1 => On my system, rmail buffer is now un-narrowed, and there is an "Invalid Search Bound (wrong side of point)" error showing. Also included illustrations: rmail_before_redecode.png is a "before" screenshot. rmail_after_redecode.png is an "after" screenshot.