On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 08:36:54 +0900 "Stephen J. Turnbull" wrote: > CHENG Gao writes: > > > Yes you are right. Ever I tried to git clone emacs git repo at > > home, and it took forever so I had to abort the mission. I got a > > 2m ADSL at home. Instead I git cloned it in office, and it took > > only several minutes with 10M line. My experience and worry is git > > clone may be slow for slow connections. > > There are workarounds for this. For example, find a volunteer, send > them a SASE and a blank CD-ROM and request a copy of the .git > directory. This costs only a few minutes of your time and a few > dollars in S&H. Or maybe the FSF could make a few bucks with a > service like this. > > It might also be faster to rsync the .git directory, although if the > .git directory is well-packed it shouldn't make much difference. > > As you suggest, a CVS mirror of the official public repo could be > maintained as a convenience to nondevelopers. non-developers quickly turn into developers once they hit a bug. > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-devel mailing list > Emacs-devel@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-devel