On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 18:40:08 +0100 (CET) "Alfred M. Szmidt" wrote: > > Expressions like "suffocatingly constrained web interface" are > > too negative. Maybe you had a bad experience. I only can say that > > I wish Emacs' Customize forms were more web-form-alike. > > I've had nothing but bad experience using web interfaces for > anything but web browsing (in its narrow sense). "Suffocatingly > constrained" accurately describes what I feel about these > interfaces. A good comparison is that of Info documentation > vs. the reading the same manual as html. I don't want to be forced > to use a web interface, even a keyboard driven one, for reporting > bugs. I can't be alone. > > You're not. "Suffocatingly constrained" describes such interfaces > quite well. > > The nice thing about Emacs is that you have Emacs under your fingers. > And not another program that works so differently that you start > crying when you try to kill a region, you end up closing a tab with > unsaved data (e.g. firefox). I highly recommend firemacs. It's a firefox add-on that rebinds most of the editing keys to Emacs defaults. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4141 > Or when you wish to save your bug report so you can send it later, no > can do with a web browser, in Emacs (or mutt) you could just save your > mail buffer for later editing and sending it when you feel you are > done. > > And if something would crash during that session, you might just have > a auto-save file around, again, not something a web browser can do. > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-devel mailing list > Emacs-devel@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-devel