all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Help with keybinding to delete between {}
@ 2007-12-05  1:33 lampshade
From: lampshade @ 2007-12-05  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I would really like a keybinding that would allow me to delete any
text between sexp's like {} (), etc no matter where I am between them
and whether or not that text has spaces.

For example
{asdfdsfa asdfasdf asd}
I would like to delete between leaving only the {} with my cursor
inside ready to type.  So far I've been trying
(defun delete_between ()
	(interactive)
	(backward-sexp)
	(kill-sexp))
(global-set-key [(control meta k)] 'delete_between)

but that doesn't quite work.  Anyone have any improvements or help
they could give me?

Thanks in advance,
lampshade