all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* hiding a-tags in html-mode
@ 2007-12-11  9:55 Matthias Pfeifer
From: Matthias Pfeifer @ 2007-12-11  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi there,

i am using the default html mode in a realtively up to date version of
emacs from the CVS repository (23.0.50.1) on a x86 based system and am
curious if there exists a feature that allows handling of links in HTML
mode to be like in org-mode. meaning that the <a ...>ttext</a> is
replaced by ttext and marked by a special face. Than if one moves the
cursor to the end of text and presses backspace  one effectivly removes
the > of </a> and ttext is than replaced by the former whole <a
...>ttext</a construct.

sincerely
matthias

* Re: hiding a-tags in html-mode
@ 2007-12-11 10:46 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-12-11 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Matthias Pfeifer <pfemat@web.de> writes:

> i am using the default html mode in a realtively up to date version of
> emacs from the CVS repository (23.0.50.1) on a x86 based system and am
> curious if there exists a feature that allows handling of links in HTML
> mode to be like in org-mode. meaning that the <a ...>ttext</a> is
> replaced by ttext and marked by a special face. Than if one moves the
> cursor to the end of text and presses backspace  one effectivly removes
> the > of </a> and ttext is than replaced by the former whole <a
> ...>ttext</a construct.

Once you start hiding <a href="">...</a> construct, you will want to
idea.  A rather less ambitious proposal: display ttext as a clickable
text (browsing the link in href="http://link")

--
Bastien

* Re: hiding a-tags in html-mode
@ 2007-12-11 12:30 ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2007-12-11 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Am Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2007 10:55 schrieb Matthias Pfeifer:
> Hi there,
>
> i am using the default html mode in a realtively up to date version of
> emacs from the CVS repository (23.0.50.1) on a x86 based system and am
> curious if there exists a feature that allows handling of links in HTML
> mode to be like in org-mode. meaning that the <a ...>ttext</a> is
> replaced by ttext and marked by a special face. Than if one moves the
> cursor to the end of text and presses backspace  one effectivly removes
> the > of </a> and ttext is than replaced by the former whole <a
> ...>ttext</a construct.
>
> sincerely
> matthias

try sgml-hide-tags

* Re: hiding a-tags in html-mode
@ 2007-12-11 13:13   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-12-11 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Röhler; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@online.de> writes:

> Am Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2007 10:55 schrieb Matthias Pfeifer:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> i am using the default html mode in a realtively up to date version of
>> emacs from the CVS repository (23.0.50.1) on a x86 based system and am
>> curious if there exists a feature that allows handling of links in HTML
>> mode to be like in org-mode. meaning that the <a ...>ttext</a> is
>> replaced by ttext and marked by a special face. Than if one moves the
>> cursor to the end of text and presses backspace  one effectivly removes
>> the > of </a> and ttext is than replaced by the former whole <a
>> ...>ttext</a construct.
>>
>> sincerely
>> matthias
>
> try sgml-hide-tags

Where is this function defined?

--
Bastien

* Re: hiding a-tags in html-mode
@ 2007-12-11 13:37     ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2007-12-11 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Am Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2007 14:13 schrieb Bastien:
> Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@online.de> writes:
> > Am Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2007 10:55 schrieb Matthias Pfeifer:
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> i am using the default html mode in a realtively up to date version of
> >> emacs from the CVS repository (23.0.50.1) on a x86 based system and am
> >> curious if there exists a feature that allows handling of links in HTML
> >> mode to be like in org-mode. meaning that the <a ...>ttext</a> is
> >> replaced by ttext and marked by a special face. Than if one moves the
> >> cursor to the end of text and presses backspace  one effectivly removes
> >> the > of </a> and ttext is than replaced by the former whole <a
> >> ...>ttext</a construct.
> >>
> >> sincerely
> >> matthias
> >
> > try sgml-hide-tags