Andreas Schwab : > Christian Faulhammer writes: > > > Most people who build a D-Bus aware Emacs will follow the commits > > and mailing lists closely. So they know how they do...in Gentoo > > (which is source-based, so build on the user's system) people can > > have D-Bus globally but only deactivated for Emacs for whatever > > reason. Auto-detection will switch it on even if USE=dbus is not > > activated, we patch ALSA detection out to give users control if > > they want to have ALSA everywhere except Emacs. > > You can always use --without-dbus. Then I may have understood it incorrectly as I though D-BUS should be autodetected regardless of any option. V-Li -- Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project , #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode