Hello, I would like to rebind the ESC key to execute a single function on a key-press. A simple mapping like this: (global-set-key kdb("") 'execute-extended-command) I found that when I successfully bound the key that many of the essential bindings such as "M-" were broken. I am assuming that M- is some sort of alias to ESC for compatibility. (which has been handy on weird terminals such as screen). How do I map the ESC key without altering M- bindings ? sorry if this is a FAQ, I did google. Cheers, Mike Mattie