all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Profiling Emacs Lisp
@ 2007-08-30 11:19 Nordlöw
From: Nordlöw @ 2007-08-30 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hey there, Emacs users.

Is there a way to profile Emacs to get a list of what Emacs-Lisp code
I am currently using is the most time-consuming. I am asking because I
have written a lot of extensions to the syntax highlighting in cc-mode
and this has made my Emacs somewhat sluggish when coding C/C++.

Thanks in advance,
Per Nordlöw

* Re: Profiling Emacs Lisp
@ 2007-08-30 17:28 ` Daniel Jensen
From: Daniel Jensen @ 2007-08-30 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Nordlöw <per.nordlow@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a way to profile Emacs to get a list of what Emacs-Lisp code
> I am currently using is the most time-consuming. I am asking because I
> have written a lot of extensions to the syntax highlighting in cc-mode
> and this has made my Emacs somewhat sluggish when coding C/C++.

A profiler is included with Emacs. Use `M-x finder-commentary RET elp
RET' to read the instructions. However, I don't know if it's suitable
for debugging font-locking. Have you tried different settings?

* Re: Profiling Emacs Lisp
@ 2007-08-31  1:00 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2007-08-31  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nordlöw; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

   Is there a way to profile Emacs to get a list of what Emacs-Lisp code
   I am currently using is the most time-consuming.

Sure there is, look at ELP.

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org