all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* AUCTeX problem with Emacs 22 under Windows
@ 2007-06-05  2:28 Z.L.
From: Z.L. @ 2007-06-05  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I just upgrade unofficial Emacs 22 to official release 22.1 under
Windows XP. But when I use AUCTeX, there exist some problems with it.

1. When compiling the LaTeX file, I press 'C-c C-l' that should invoke
the 'TeX-recenter-output-buffer' to split the buffer into 2 parts in
which the lower buffer will display the compilation message. However
pressing 'C-c C-l' does not take effect: no buffer of compilation
message is displayed.

2. When pressing 'C-c [', typing key word and return, instead of
splitting buffer into 2 parts in which the lower buffer display the
bibtex item, the whole LaTeX buffer is changed to the bibtex candidate
item buffer.

I do not understand why these happen, and in my old unofficial Emacs
22 the AUCTeX 11.82 or 11.84 and refTeX all work well.

Could somebody here give me some suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Z.L.

* Re: AUCTeX problem with Emacs 22 under Windows
@ 2007-06-05 13:41 ` Joel J. Adamson
       [not found] ` <mailman.1896.1181514231.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2007-06-05 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Z.L." <bathing@gmail.com> writes:

> I just upgrade unofficial Emacs 22 to official release 22.1 under
> Windows XP. But when I use AUCTeX, there exist some problems with it.
>
> 1. When compiling the LaTeX file, I press 'C-c C-l' that should invoke
> the 'TeX-recenter-output-buffer' to split the buffer into 2 parts in
> which the lower buffer will display the compilation message. However
> pressing 'C-c C-l' does not take effect: no buffer of compilation
> message is displayed.

C-c C-l never does anything for me in AucTeX 11.84 under Emacs 21.4 on
Slackware Linux.  This may be a bug or affected by a variable
somewhere.  I've since upgraded to Emacs 22.1, but have yet to use
AucTeX.

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

* Re: AUCTeX problem with Emacs 22 under Windows
@ 2007-06-10 22:23 ` poti
       [not found] ` <mailman.1896.1181514231.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: poti @ 2007-06-10 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 02:28 Tue 05 Jun     , Z.L. wrote:
> I just upgrade unofficial Emacs 22 to official release 22.1 under
> Windows XP. But when I use AUCTeX, there exist some problems with it.
>
> 1. When compiling the LaTeX file, I press 'C-c C-l' that should invoke
> the 'TeX-recenter-output-buffer' to split the buffer into 2 parts in
> which the lower buffer will display the compilation message. However
> pressing 'C-c C-l' does not take effect: no buffer of compilation
> message is displayed.
Using release Emacs 22.1 and the site-lisp directory shipped with
GNU Emacs 22.0.990.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2007-05-20 on NEUTRINO
I did not have the problem you described.

> 2. When pressing 'C-c [', typing key word and return, instead of
> splitting buffer into 2 parts in which the lower buffer display the
> bibtex item, the whole LaTeX buffer is changed to the bibtex candidate
> item buffer.
Here, I instead got a message that I had no valid bibliography in the
file. All worked with the older Emacs.

-Poti

@ 2007-06-11  5:55   ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2007-06-11  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* poti@potis.org (2007-06-11) writes:

> Using release Emacs 22.1 and the site-lisp directory shipped with
> GNU Emacs 22.0.990.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
>  of 2007-05-20 on NEUTRINO
> I did not have the problem you described.

Yikes!  You know that you are missing the info documentation of AUCTeX
now, right?

--
Ralf

* Re: AUCTeX problem with Emacs 22 under Windows
@ 2007-06-11  7:05     ` poti
From: poti @ 2007-06-11  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 07:55 Mon 11 Jun     , Ralf Angeli wrote:
> * poti@potis.org (2007-06-11) writes:
>
> > Using release Emacs 22.1 and the site-lisp directory shipped with
> > GNU Emacs 22.0.990.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
> >  of 2007-05-20 on NEUTRINO
> > I did not have the problem you described.
>
> Yikes!  You know that you are missing the info documentation of AUCTeX
> now, right?
The info/ directory. I thought that seemed a little too easy. Thanks.
I'll be sure that flash drive gets re-written in the testing process.
-Poti