all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: *** The most profound and the most fragrant words ***
       [not found] ` <1173519714.334079.32700@t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com>
@ 2007-03-10 12:44   ` Tonico
       [not found]     ` <mailman.763.1173535768.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Tonico @ 2007-03-10 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 10 mar, 11:41, "Muhammad" <mzafrul...@usa.net> wrote:
> [...]
> > for more information
>
> > When the fear of the Almighty is Absent All Becomes Permitted
> > including adulteries, 911 controlled demolitions and mass
> > murders .....
> > When the fear of the Almighty is Absent All Becomes Permitted
>
> > A Neturei Karta Statement on the Parade and Demonstration in Favor of
> > Moral Abominations in Jerusalem
>
> > November 9, 2006
>
> > The Glory of Mercy of the Almighty fills the universe. He is the
> > center of existence and of the lives of all men. We are summoned to
> > serve Him and obey His law in a spirit of joy and gratitude.
>
> > If this is done, all will be well. It will be well for us as
> > individuals and  as members of groups and nations and peoples.
>
> > The rejection of Divine Law and its good and just norms can only yield
> > tragedy.
>
> > Today in the Holy Land in the holy city of Jerusalem just such a
> > sorrowful tragedy is being played out. A march is planned that will
> > advance the absurd and evil notion that the most basic elements of
> > Divine moral law, accepted by all nations down through the ages, are a
> > source, not of peace and blessing but of "oppression," G-d forbid.
>
> > The public acceptance and assent to perversion as a "legitimate" way
> > of life is cruel and barbaric. It wars against the very decency that
> > lies at the root of life's spiritual and material bounty, purity and
> > happiness.
>
> > Thousands of Jews and many others have taken to the streets of
> > Jerusalem to protest this planned desecration.
>
> > But at root the desecration is a symptom of far greater evils. It is a
> > symptom of all the materialist rejections of the Divine that have
> > plagued our people over the last two centuries. This rejection has
> > spawned the evil of Zionism with its rejection of the Divine plan of
> > exile and redemption and its cruelty and arrogance towards other
> > nations.
>
> > Without the light and true kindness of Torah there will be, Heaven
> > forbid, rebellion and cruelty and, yes, perversion.
>
> > With humility and compassion in our hearts we humbly pray that those
> > Jews and all people ensnared by these evils should repent and realize
> > that they are the victims of pernicious propaganda. When returning to
> > Torah and the Divine plan they will find that which they seek, truth
> > and beauty, family and empathy and then and, only then, will they be
> > able to be truly gay, in the real sense of the word. May the Almighty
> > grant that it be so, speedily in our days.
>
> Amen to everything including the 9/11 remarks. Let us all pray that
> the evil forces behind the 9/11 attack are exposed and brought to
> justice. Some folks talk about a news item that mentions some Israelis
> were dancing with joy as the towers fell. I firmly believe that the
> original unadulterated Torah, even the one written by Ezra (may peace
> be upon him)can bring peace, tranquility, and chastity to the world.
...and so have we seen along the centuries, brother: peace, love,
justice ALL over the place anywhere in the world where religion (ANY
religion) rules....oh yeah!
Tonio

* Re: *** The most profound and the most fragrant words ***
@ 2007-03-10 14:02     ` David Hansen
       [not found]     ` <mailman.763.1173535768.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: David Hansen @ 2007-03-10 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 10 Mar 2007 04:44:33 -0800 Tonico wrote:

> ...and so have we seen along the centuries, brother: peace, love,
> justice ALL over the place anywhere in the world where religion (ANY
> religion) rules....oh yeah!

See alt.religion.emacs

I have never seen a flame war there.

@ 2007-03-10 14:19       ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2007-03-10 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

David Hansen <david.hansen@gmx.net> writes:

> On 10 Mar 2007 04:44:33 -0800 Tonico wrote:
>

>> ...and so have we seen along the centuries, brother: peace, love,
>> justice ALL over the place anywhere in the world where religion (ANY
>> religion) rules....oh yeah!
>
> See alt.religion.emacs
>
> I have never seen a flame war there.

That's just because vim does not offer a builtin 4-letter word to get
there.

* Re: *** The most profound and the most fragrant words ***
@ 2007-03-11  1:30         ` thorne
From: thorne @ 2007-03-11  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
> That's just because vim does not offer a builtin 4-letter word to get
> there.

??? What am i missing ???

--
þ    theron tlåx    þ
(compose-mail (concat "thorne@ (rot13 "gvzoeny") ".net"))

* Re: *** The most profound and the most fragrant words ***
@ 2007-03-11  7:32           ` David Hansen
From: David Hansen @ 2007-03-11  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:30:46 -0800 thorne <thorne@timbral.net> wrote:

> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
>> That's just because vim does not offer a builtin 4-letter word to get
>> there.
>
> ??? What am i missing ???

`gnus'

* Re: *** The most profound and the most fragrant words ***
@ 2007-03-11  8:11           ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2007-03-11  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

thorne <thorne@timbral.net> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
>> That's just because vim does not offer a builtin 4-letter word to get
>> there.
>
> ??? What am i missing ???

alt.religion.emacs

* Re: *** The most profound and the most fragrant words ***
@ 2007-03-11  9:41               ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2007-03-11  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

thorne <thinly-disguised@spam-sucks.foo> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> thorne <thorne@timbral.net> writes:

>>> ??? What am i missing ???
>>

> Missing alt.religion.emacs?  No, it gave me the hives.

Well, that is only appropriate since your signature gives Emacs the
hives.  How about actually making it legal Elisp code?

* Re: *** The most profound and the most fragrant words ***
@ 2007-03-11  9:57             ` thorne
From: thorne @ 2007-03-11  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:

> thorne <thorne@timbral.net> writes:
>
>> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
>>> That's just because vim does not offer a builtin 4-letter word to get
>>> there.
>>
>> ??? What am i missing ???

Missing alt.religion.emacs?  No, it gave me the hives.

I just thought maybe there was some magic incantation to go straight
to a.r.e.  It's the kind of thing i could see being included in the
standard emacs distro, like doctor-mode.  Maybe i'll send RMS a
patch...

`gnus-read-bible'

--

@ 2007-03-11 10:47                   ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2007-03-11 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

thorne <thinly-disguised@spam-sucks.foo> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> thorne <thinly-disguised@spam-sucks.foo> writes:
>>
>>> Missing alt.religion.emacs?  No, it gave me the hives.
>>
>> Well, that is only appropriate since your signature gives Emacs the
>> hives.  How about actually making it legal Elisp code?
>
> Bugs everywhere.
>
> I'm trying to keep people from sending me email.  :-)

Well, but in the process you have also been keeping Emacs from sending
you email.

* Re: *** The most profound and the most fragrant words ***
@ 2007-03-11 11:20                 ` thorne
From: thorne @ 2007-03-11 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

@ 2007-03-11 12:06                 ` Peter Danenberg
From: Peter Danenberg @ 2007-03-11 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> How about actually making it legal Elisp code?

     Looks like the mere addition of a double quote does the
trick:

     (compose-mail (concat "thorne@" (rot13 "gvzoeny") ".net"))