Dear Emacs developers, I'm an user of Lua mode, written by Christian Vogler et al. Yesterday I contacted him, asking what he thinks about integrating it into the Emacs distribution. He kindly answered that he would be fine with that but then would have to hand off maintenance due to lack of time. So I offered to do the footwork (meaning he did the hard work and I make now the noise ;-) Christian is OK signing papers, I'd have to approach the other authors bfore anything goes (I'd have to sign papers as well). Now I haven't maintained any Emacs package up to now, so I would very much appreciate your guidance, if this thing happens. One thing Christian wishes is that the package continues to work well with XEmacs. Thus I might need special guidance with those of you experienced in maintenance of such dual packages. Lua is a ``small language'' and its implementation, with a free license (Lua 4.0 has its own, zlib-like, lua 5.0 is MIT). See e.g. Comments? Suggestions? Thanks -- tomás