all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Other-Frame/Speedbar/cursor
@ 2005-09-11 16:20 Tim Johnson
From: Tim Johnson @ 2005-09-11 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello:

I am starting to play with the speedbar. I find that
C-x 5 o (other-frame) will raise the speed bar, bring
into focus, if you will.

However, on GNU Emacs, although the mouse cursor is moved to the frame
the cursor is not placed on the other frame, (frame is not active) I
still have to click the mouse to activate the frame and place the cursor
there.

I've noted that this appears to be the case with any frame.
Is there a way to do this with a keystroke? (mouse-free).
thanks
tim

--
Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>

* Re: Other-Frame/Speedbar/cursor
       [not found] <mailman.6579.1126456228.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-09-11 17:01 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2005-09-11 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com> writes:

> Hello:
>
> I am starting to play with the speedbar. I find that
> C-x 5 o (other-frame) will raise the speed bar, bring
> into focus, if you will.
>
> However, on GNU Emacs, although the mouse cursor is moved to the frame
> the cursor is not placed on the other frame, (frame is not active) I
> still have to click the mouse to activate the frame and place the cursor
> there.
>
> I've noted that this appears to be the case with any frame.
> Is there a way to do this with a keystroke? (mouse-free).

C-h v focus-follows-mouse RET

* Re: Other-Frame/Speedbar/cursor
@ 2005-09-11 17:58   ` Tim Johnson
From: Tim Johnson @ 2005-09-11 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

* David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> [050911 09:11]:

> > I am starting to play with the speedbar. I find that
> > C-x 5 o (other-frame) will raise the speed bar, bring
> > into focus, if you will.
> >
> > However, on GNU Emacs, although the mouse cursor is moved to the frame
> > the cursor is not placed on the other frame, (frame is not active) I
> > still have to click the mouse to activate the frame and place the cursor
> > there.
> >
> > I've noted that this appears to be the case with any frame.
> > Is there a way to do this with a keystroke? (mouse-free).
>
> C-h v focus-follows-mouse RET

  Thanks. (setq focus-follows-mouse nil) enables
  the desired behavior.
  cheers!
  tim

--