all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs 20 on FC4
@ 2005-08-15  1:20 Matthew Pratt
From: Matthew Pratt @ 2005-08-15  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've just upgraded my workstation from Rh7.2 to FC4,
and wanted to keep emacs 20.7. So I installed the
RH7.2 version of the rpms on my FC4 install.

mermaid mpratt ~ > rpm -qa|grep emacs
emacs-X11-20.7-41
emacs-20.7-41
mermaid mpratt ~ >

But the background of the faces is sometimes white
where there is text. See attached screen shot. Highly
annoying.

It works fine if the X server is running on a RH7.2
machine with a emacs 20 client on a remote FC4
machine. So I guess it is something to do with the FC4
X server setup, but I'm hoping an emacs user knows
which way to point me.

I've tried removing my .emacs, no effect.

Any help appreciated.

Matt

P.S. I'm not on list, so please CC me.

http://mail.yahoo.com