all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
[parent not found: <mailman.1.1118779995.2857.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* Separating // and /**/ comment fontification
@ 2005-06-07 22:09 Ryan Bowman
From: Ryan Bowman @ 2005-06-07 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like /* */ comments to fontify differently
from // comments (in jde-mode).

I added the following to my .emacs but // line
comments are still fontified using
font-lock-comment-face.

(defface new-font-lock-comment-face
  '((t (:foreground "Red"))))

(add-hook 'font-lock-mode-hook
  (function
   (lambda ()
     (setq font-lock-keywords
           (append font-lock-keywords
'new-font-lock-comment-face))))))))

How can I change the fontification of one (or the
other) to use a different face?

----
Ryan Bowman

There is no vi there is only Emacs