all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* protected space
@ 2005-06-07  7:58 Michael-E. Voges
From: Michael-E. Voges @ 2005-06-07  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi there,
I am (somewhat) still a newbie to emacs. And I didn't find any solution for a
little problem, you probably (and hopefully) may solve without any effort.
I need - using text-mode, iso-8859-1 - a protected space to avoid linebreaking
between two words as for example the ~-sign of LaTeX.
Does emacs provide something of that kind? And if, how to map it to my
(german) keyboard?

Micha-E.