all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Problems fontifying an autoreverting Buffer Menu
@ 2005-05-20  1:34 Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2005-05-20  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

If you do:

emacs -q -nbc &
M-x global-font-lock-mode
M-x global-auto-revert-mode
M-: (setq global-auto-revert-non-file-buffers t)
M-x buffer-menu

then the fontification of the buffer names disappears after a while
but reappears for a while each time one touches the keyboard (arrow
keys, for instance) or clicks with the mouse.  Then it disappears again.
It gives a flicker effect which is very annoying.  It must be rather
recent or I would have noticed this earlier.

The problem definitely does not occur in a CVS from February 7, 2005,
which I have left around.  Since then, no changes of any substance
occurred to autorevert.el.  (Only doc fixes and similar.)

On the other hand, I understand that several non-trivial changes to
font-lock-mode were made recently.

Sincerely,

Luc.