all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* viper-want-ctl-h-help broken?
@ 2005-05-08  3:24 Michael Lee
From: Michael Lee @ 2005-05-08  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I recently upgraded to gnu emacs 22.0.50.1 (compiled for darwin/os x)
and discovered that binding C-h to help-command (or just setting
viper-want-ctl-h-help to true) doesn't work any longer for help queries
of type C-h k (for getting keystroke help).  This happens when I'm in
viper mode, irrespective of whether I'm actually in viper editing mode
or have switched temporarily to emacs-mode (C-z).  I keep getting the
error message "Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil" when I try to lookup
any keystroke.  If I turn off viper mode with viper-go-away, C-h k
resumes working properly.

Can anyone help to figure out how to fix this, or what I might have
wrong in my configuration?

Thanks!

Michael

* Re: viper-want-ctl-h-help broken?
@ 2005-05-09 21:20 ` Edward O'Connor
From: Edward O'Connor @ 2005-05-09 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Can anyone help to figure out how to fix this, or what I might have
> wrong in my configuration?

I recently reported the same bug, and RMS said he'd be checking in a fix
for it next time he had a decent network connection.

--
Edward O'Connor
hober0@gmail.com

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

* Re: viper-want-ctl-h-help broken?
       [not found] <mailman.4303.1115674444.2819.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-05-10  2:22 ` Michael Lee
From: Michael Lee @ 2005-05-10  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2005-05-09 16:20:11 -0500, Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com> said:

>> Can anyone help to figure out how to fix this, or what I might have
>> wrong in my configuration?
>
> I recently reported the same bug, and RMS said he'd be checking in a fix
> for it next time he had a decent network connection.

Cool -- so it's not me :-)  Thanks!