all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* mail-strip-quoted-names in rmail's reply
@ 2005-04-26  2:12 Luis Mochan
From: Luis Mochan @ 2005-04-26  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Replying to a message from rmail calls mail-strip-quoted-names on the
reply-to field. Why? Can this behavior be modified (safely) so that fully
commented addresses appear in the reply?
Best regards,
WLM
ps. I'm using version 20.7.

* Re: mail-strip-quoted-names in rmail's reply
@ 2005-04-26 19:51 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-04-26 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Luis Mochan wrote:
> Replying to a message from rmail calls mail-strip-quoted-names on the
> reply-to field. Why? Can this behavior be modified (safely) so that fully
> commented addresses appear in the reply?

According to the comment that precedes it, that depends on your MTA:

      ;; Using mail-strip-quoted-names is undesirable with newer mailers
      ;; since they can handle the names unstripped.
      ;; I don't know whether there are other mailers that still
      ;; need the names to be stripped.

But probably, yes.

> ps. I'm using version 20.7.

Make the leap to 21.4 or even 22.0.50 (CVS), you'll like it.

--
Kevin Rodgers