all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [smartLitchi@gmail.com: anyone knows automatic completation elisp script?]
@ 2005-04-25 12:52 litchi
From: litchi @ 2005-04-25 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1218 bytes --]

From: litchi <smartLitchi@gmail.com>
To: Emacs <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
Subject: anyone knows automatic completation elisp script?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:30:11 +0800

I wander anyone who knows an automatic completation tools~?
I mean if I want to input the word automatic
and I have inputed four characters a,u,t and o
then the rest (m,a,t,i,c) can be pushed to the screen automatilly
---need no complete command such as M-/

If only one word (eg, only the word automatic) matches the regular expression ^auto
no other words such as automatilly(this also match ^auto) exists in this buffer
then we can use some keys to accept the auto completation(eg,<TAB>)
then if also some other matches,We can use some keys to change the one we wanted from
all the matches, eg, M-/.

Best regards
Litchi from China~~~

--
It takes a strong man to save himself, and a great man to save another.
IBM ThinkPad T23 hiweed0.6

* Re: [smartLitchi@gmail.com: anyone knows automatic completation elisp script?]
       [not found] <mailman.2920.1114433888.2895.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-04-25 13:04 ` Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2005-04-25 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

  litchi> From: litchi <smartLitchi@gmail.com> Subject: anyone knows
  litchi> automatic completation elisp script?  To: Emacs
  litchi> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:30:11
  litchi> +0800 Reply-To: smartLitchi@gmail.com

  litchi> I wander anyone who knows an automatic completation tools~?
  litchi> I mean if I want to input the word automatic and I have
  litchi> inputed four characters a,u,t and o then the rest
  litchi> (m,a,t,i,c) can be pushed to the screen automatilly ---need
  litchi> no complete command such as M-/

  litchi> If only one word (eg, only the word automatic) matches the
  litchi> regular expression ^auto no other words such as
  litchi> automatilly(this also match ^auto) exists in this buffer
  litchi> then we can use some keys to accept the auto
  litchi> completation(eg,<TAB>) then if also some other matches,We
  litchi> can use some keys to change the one we wanted from all the
  litchi> matches, eg, M-/.

pabbrev.el

It doesn't do exactly what you are asking for. It works on prefix
matching, rather than regexp. You need to hit tab at any time to
accept the completion, but the completion, where there is one, is
always shown on screen.

Cheers

Phil

* Re: [smartLitchi@gmail.com: anyone knows automatic completation elisp script?]
@ 2005-04-26  6:47   ` litchi
From: litchi @ 2005-04-26  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

It's really great art work~~
much better than that one I use in vi~~
hoho
thank all of you guys most
On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 02:04:15PM +0100, Phillip Lord wrote:

>   litchi> From: litchi <smartLitchi@gmail.com> Subject: anyone knows
>   litchi> automatic completation elisp script?  To: Emacs
>   litchi> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:30:11
>   litchi> +0800 Reply-To: smartLitchi@gmail.com
>
>   litchi> I wander anyone who knows an automatic completation tools~?
>   litchi> I mean if I want to input the word automatic and I have
>   litchi> inputed four characters a,u,t and o then the rest
>   litchi> (m,a,t,i,c) can be pushed to the screen automatilly ---need
>   litchi> no complete command such as M-/
>
>   litchi> If only one word (eg, only the word automatic) matches the
>   litchi> regular expression ^auto no other words such as
>   litchi> automatilly(this also match ^auto) exists in this buffer
>   litchi> then we can use some keys to accept the auto
>   litchi> completation(eg,<TAB>) then if also some other matches,We
>   litchi> can use some keys to change the one we wanted from all the
>   litchi> matches, eg, M-/.
>

> pabbrev.el
>
> It doesn't do exactly what you are asking for. It works on prefix
> matching, rather than regexp. You need to hit tab at any time to
> accept the completion, but the completion, where there is one, is
> always shown on screen.
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil
Best regards