all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Speedbar frame height
@ 2005-03-25 22:48 Ryan Bowman
From: Ryan Bowman @ 2005-03-25 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use (setq initial-frame-alist
      '((width . 89) (height . 58)))
to set the size for the emacs frame, however, the
speedbar frame seems to be incorrectly calculating its
height. The doc for speedbar-frame-parameters says
"The parameter `height' will be initialized to the
height of the frame speedbar is attached to and added
to this list before the new frame is initialized."
I understand that to mean it should be the same height
as the emacs frame it is started from, however, in my
case it is several lines higher, running off the
bottom of the screen. A height parameter explicitly
added to speedbar-frame-parameters is ignored.
What, then, should I do to coerce the speedbar frame
to have the same height as my emacs frame?

----
Ryan Bowman

That stupid bird stole my quarter.  I hate birds. - Eddie
----

* Re: Speedbar frame height
       [not found] <mailman.244.1111792242.28103.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-03-28 23:50 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-03-28 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ryan Bowman wrote:
 > I use (setq initial-frame-alist
 >       '((width . 89) (height . 58)))
 > to set the size for the emacs frame, however, the speedbar frame seems
 > to be incorrectly calculating its height. The doc for
 > speedbar-frame-parameters says "The parameter `height' will be
 > initialized to the height of the frame speedbar is attached to and
 > added to this list before the new frame is initialized."  I understand
 > that to mean it should be the same height as the emacs frame it is
 > started from, however, in my case it is several lines higher, running
 > off the bottom of the screen. A height parameter explicitly added to
 > speedbar-frame-parameters is ignored.  What, then, should I do to
 > coerce the speedbar frame to have the same height as my emacs frame?

You might try setting default-frame-alist as well:

(setq default-frame-alist '((width . 89) (height . 58))
       initial-frame-alist default-frame-alist)

--
Kevin Rodgers