In article , Richard Stallman writes: > I'm very sorry to say no. I don't forget about it but my > todo list keeps on getting longer and don't have a time to > work on it. :-( > Do you think it is ok for someone else to install it? It's ok for me. I'll attach the file thai-word.el which Werner sent to me long ago. 90% of the file is just a list of Thai words which has the following copyright notice. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ;; The used Thai word list has been taken from IBM's ICU4J project ;; (file `thai6.ucs', version 1.4, converted to TIS encoding, with ;; removal of three incorrect entries) to which the following license ;; applies: ;; ;; COPYRIGHT AND PERMISSION NOTICE ;; ;; ;; Copyright (c) 1995-2001 International Business Machines ;; Corporation and others ;; ;; All rights reserved. ;; ;; ;; Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person ;; obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation ;; files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without ;; restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, ;; copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, and/or sell copies of ;; the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is ;; furnished to do so, provided that the above copyright notice(s) ;; and this permission notice appear in all copies of the Software ;; and that both the above copyright notice(s) and this permission ;; notice appear in supporting documentation. ;; ;; THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, ;; EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES ;; OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ;; NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ;; COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR HOLDERS INCLUDED IN THIS NOTICE BE LIABLE ;; FOR ANY CLAIM, OR ANY SPECIAL INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ;; OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR ;; PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER ;; TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR ;; PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE. ;; ;; Except as contained in this notice, the name of a copyright ;; holder shall not be used in advertising or otherwise to promote ;; the sale, use or other dealings in this Software without prior ;; written authorization of the copyright holder. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Please decide whether to install this file as is, or to extract the word-list part into a seperate file (e.g. etc/THAI-WORDS) and add a mechanism to autoload it. In the latter case, I think the remaining code (300 lines) can be merged into language/thai-util.el. --- Ken'ichi HANDA handa@m17n.org