all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Remote Emacs with OSX X11 server crashes.
@ 2005-02-17  0:18 Greg Novak
From: Greg Novak @ 2005-02-17  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have an Apple laptop running OS X 10.3, and I run emacs on my
machine at work (running fedora core 3 and emacs 21.3.1), allowing it
to pop up an X11 window via ssh X11 forwarding.

The problem is that when Emacs has to interact with the X server
nontrivially (ie, I can move the window around, but not highlight text
with the mouse), emacs crashes with something like "Bad Atom" or "Bad
Window Parameter."

I've googled and searched the lists to no avail.  Any guidance is
appreciated (please CC me directly with responses).

Thanks!
Greg

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-02-17  0:18 UTC | newest]