all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Info viewer - multiple directories.
@ 2011-08-18 17:55 David Keegan
From: David Keegan @ 2011-08-18 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I understand the emacs info viewer merges dir files found on
INFOPATH into a single root page.

How does it handle the situation when there are two versions
of the same info file on the path? I only see a link to one
of the files. How does emacs decide which one to show? Is it
possible to have it generate links to both?

Regards,
David.
--
[David Keegan dksw@eircom.net 353 1 2988743]
[56 Roebuck Downs Dublin 14 IRELAND]

* RE: Info viewer - multiple directories.
@ 2011-08-18 21:59 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2011-08-18 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'David Keegan', help-gnu-emacs

> I understand the emacs info viewer merges dir files found on
> INFOPATH into a single root page.
>
> How does it handle the situation when there are two versions
> of the same info file on the path? I only see a link to one
> of the files. How does emacs decide which one to show? Is it
> possible to have it generate links to both?

C-h i, pick `Info' (the first manual listed in the menu)

g Emacs Info Variables
That takes you to node `Emacs Info Variables' of the Info manual.

See, e.g., `Info-directory-list', environment variable `INFOPATH',
`Info-default-directory-list', and `Info-additional-directory-list'.