Hello, In Turkish upper-case version of i is "I with dot above" (0130;LATIN CAPITAL LETTER I WITH DOT ABOVE) which is a multibyte character. A single byte character is converted to a multi-byte character. Also lowercasing I in Turkish produce "i without the dot above" (0131;LATIN SMALL LETTER DOTLESS I). I think, as a matter of fact that GNU Emacs can't handle this multi-byte to single-byte (and viceversa) conversion the problem arise. Using upcase and downcase functions in Turkish doesn't produce a correct result. I think the problematic function is casefiddle.c:casify_object(). best regards, -- Baris Metin http://www.metin.org