all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Need help with autoloading new cc-mode
@ 2004-06-15 17:19 Joshua Liu
From: Joshua Liu @ 2004-06-15 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am developing a new emacs mode based upon the cc-mode package. The mode
is embeded withing the cc-mode.el file. The package is complete but I
cannot get emacs to automatically load my mode when I open a file with my
specific file extension. Only after loading a .c, .cpp, .java or other cc-
mode file extension am I able to access my mode and get autoloading. I
have updated my loaddefs.el file and have no idea why emacs won't
autoload my new cc-mode for me. Is there another initialization file that
I am missing? Thanks in advance for you help.

Josh

* Re: Need help with autoloading new cc-mode
@ 2004-06-25 12:33 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-06-25 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Joshua Liu" <jklliu@ucdavis.edu> writes:

> Only after loading a .c, .cpp, .java or other cc- mode file
> extension am I able to access my mode and get autoloading.

This sounds as if everything was working.  But the rest of your
message indicates that something is wrong.  I don't understand what
is wrong.  Can you explain?

Kai