all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Book writing mode?
@ 2004-05-28  5:05 Joe Corneli
From: Joe Corneli @ 2004-05-28  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

   My publisher wouldn't accept any LaTeX format, only doc or [p]df, as
   long as the pdf is formatted exactly as he whishes - which is not _so_
   easy with LaTeX...

Maybe you can bring this difficulty up with the publisher.  If the
publisher can supply an appropriate LaTeX .sty file, it will save
future authors the formatting hassle.

* Re: Book writing mode?
@ 2004-05-29 16:44 Joe Corneli
From: Joe Corneli @ 2004-05-29 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

   I would appreciate some hint of other applications for
   converting dvi or pdf files to text files and that could
   handle different encodings.

Since you were using DVI and PDF as part of the pipeline from TeX to
TXT, perhaps the program Detex would meet your need more directly.
It simply removes LaTeX formatting from a file. I'm not sure how
aware it is of different encodings but still I suspect you would see
fairly good results.

[parent not found: <mailman.7517.1085586605.1061.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
[parent not found: <mailman.7498.1085581424.1061.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* Book writing mode?
@ 2004-05-26 13:23 juman
From: juman @ 2004-05-26 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there any more then me out there who write articles, books or longer
storys and uses Emacs? If so what mode do you use for easy editing and
do write your text using HTML, DocBook etc or so for easy publishing?

/juman

* Book writing mode?
@ 2004-05-26 12:59 juman