all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@kemisten.nu>
Subject: Suggestions for rcompile.el
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:37:10 +0100 (MET)	[thread overview]

Hey,

I would implement the following features that I consider missing in
remote-compile (rcompile.el), but due to lack of time I can't.  So
maybe someone else finds the interesting and will hack them together.
And if that doesn't happen, I'll probobly implement them some day
myself.

First suggestion, it would be nice when doing: C-u M-x remote-compile,
that the function would ask once again for the user/host questions.
It is quite annoying not to be able to specify a different host (or
user) sometimes.  Or maybe it should act more or less like compile and
ask all questions all the time, and then have a remote-recompile
command instead.

Second suggestion (might be considered a bug), when redefining
remote-shell-program to "ssh", you will get a "user@host password: "
prompt in the compilation buffer.  Where it waits for a password, this
should be changed so that it actually asks the user for the password
in the mini-buffer.  A simple work around for this (atleast in the
case of ssh) is to just use public keys.

Cheers!