all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* cygwin/emacs/jdee
@ 2004-02-13  1:13 exits funnel
From: exits funnel @ 2004-02-13  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I hope this isn't too far off topic but I'm looking
for a little emacs related advice.  I've just taken
possesion of a new laptop which is (unfortunately and
unalterably) running Win2000.  I'm going to use the
laptop primarily for Java Development.  I've always
used JBuilder (on windows and Linux) but I'd like to
give jdee a shot.  My question then is this:  would I
be better off starting with the cygwin version of
emacs or downloading NTEmacs and going from there?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts or experiences
anyone might care to share.

-exits

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

* Re: cygwin/emacs/jdee
       [not found] <mailman.2324.1076634831.928.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-02-13  8:47 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2004-02-13  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

exits funnel <exitsfunnel@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I hope this isn't too far off topic but I'm looking
> for a little emacs related advice.  I've just taken
> possesion of a new laptop which is (unfortunately and
> unalterably) running Win2000.  I'm going to use the
> laptop primarily for Java Development.  I've always
> used JBuilder (on windows and Linux) but I'd like to
> give jdee a shot.  My question then is this:  would I
> be better off starting with the cygwin version of
> emacs or downloading NTEmacs and going from there?
> Thanks in advance for any thoughts or experiences
> anyone might care to share.

Cygwin Emacs might have problems interacting with Java due to the way
Cygwin represents paths. But probably someone has overcome this
already. The same problem exists for NTEmacs and cygwin subprocesses
that output paths, but cygwin-mount.el exists to overcome these.