Hello, there's a small bug in the `fortran-fill' function. If `fortran-break-before-delimiters' is nil, it may happen that a delimiter stays on column `fill-column', which is one column to far. The position, from where the search for `fill-point' starts, needs to take `fortran-break-before-delimiters' into account. Furthermore, the customized value of `fortran-break-before-delimiters' is ignored, since the `fortran-mode' function `setq's it to `t'. There are a number of other `setq's, but as far as I can tell they don't interfere with `customize'. A patch is attached. Please contact me if I can/should do some additional work... Best regards, Michael Hagemann