all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* x-symbol and w3
@ 2003-12-16 14:19 Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle
From: Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle @ 2003-12-16 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I am running emacs 21.2.1 on Debian Woody.  Since I installed the package
x-symbol it's not possible anymore to run w3.  If I call w3 the message is

--------------------
error in process filter: font-find-available-family: Wrong number
of arguments: #[(name) "\bÂ…

error in process filter: Wrong number of arguments: #[(name) "\bÂ…
-------

What can I do to make it work?

Thanks in advance,

ray

* Re: x-symbol and w3
@ 2003-12-16 17:34 ` Micha Feigin
From: Micha Feigin @ 2003-12-16 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 03:19:38PM +0100, Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am running emacs 21.2.1 on Debian Woody.  Since I installed the package
> x-symbol it's not possible anymore to run w3.  If I call w3 the message is

> error in process filter: font-find-available-family: Wrong number
> of arguments: #[(name) "\b?…
>
> error in process filter: Wrong number of arguments: #[(name) "\b?…
> -------
>
> What can I do to make it work?

Don't remember the functionality of x-symbol but have a look at
preview-latex iirc it does about the same thing and could solve your
problem. I had other problems with x-symbol a few years back and
stopped using it (it converted hebrew characters to junk).