all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to tell emacs not to load default settings
@ 2003-12-07 19:35 Micha Feigin
From: Micha Feigin @ 2003-12-07 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

What command line option should I use in order to tell emacs not to
load the default user settings?
I used -u nobody as a workaround, but there should be a better way.

* Re: How to tell emacs not to load default settings
       [not found] <mailman.1312.1070829500.399.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-12-08  5:16 ` leo
From: leo @ 2003-12-08  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Micha Feigin" <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote in message
> What command line option should I use in order to tell emacs not to
> load the default user settings?
> I used -u nobody as a workaround, but there should be a better way.

try option --debug-init

cheers, leo

@ 2003-12-08  5:37 ` Barry Margolin
From: Barry Margolin @ 2003-12-08  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <mailman.1312.1070829500.399.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
 Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:

> What command line option should I use in order to tell emacs not to
> load the default user settings?
> I used -u nobody as a workaround, but there should be a better way.

-q

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Woburn, MA