all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Colors in emacs on ordinary text terminals
@ 2003-09-19 18:29 Shriram Ramanathan
From: Shriram Ramanathan @ 2003-09-19 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

When I run emacs (version 20.7.1) (and emacs not xemacs) in X-windows and
open a fortran90 file, the keywords,comments etc. all have different
colors.

Now, I wanted to use emacs on an ordinary text terminal, not X-windows.
But, the keywords in fortran-90 files are no longer colored.  Can someone
tell me how to set this so that the keywords/comments are seen in a
different color than the other text

Thanks in advance.
shriram.

* Re: Colors in emacs on ordinary text terminals
@ 2003-09-19 19:14 ` Orm Finnendahl
From: Orm Finnendahl @ 2003-09-19 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19. September 2003, 12:29 Uhr (-0600) schrieb Shriram Ramanathan:
> Hi,
>
> When I run emacs (version 20.7.1) (and emacs not xemacs) in X-windows and
> open a fortran90 file, the keywords,comments etc. all have different
> colors.
>
> Now, I wanted to use emacs on an ordinary text terminal, not X-windows.
> But, the keywords in fortran-90 files are no longer colored.  Can someone
> tell me how to set this so that the keywords/comments are seen in a
> different color than the other text

You have to get emacs Version 21 to get color support in a console.

--
Orm